By default, profiles will copy all files located in the source folders. The files to copy tab allows you to configure this behaviour.
Copying all files
- To copy all files, click the Copy all files and folders option
- To copy only the files you specify, click the Copy selected files and folders option
- If you want to control which files are included, enter file or directory names or wildcards into the Include files field, or click the Select button to browse the source folders and select files and folders to include.
- If you want to control which files are excluded, enter file or directory names or wildcards into the Exclude files field, or click the Select button to browse the source folders and select files and folders to include.
Using global inclusion and exclusion filters
CopyTools also stores a global list of inclusion and exclusion filters which you can use, for example ignoring backup files, temporary files and thumbnail databases. To enable global filters, in addition to profile specific filters, check or uncheck the Include global filters option for either the included or excluded files sections.
- About profiles
- Creating a new profile
- Editing an existing profile
- Deleting an existing profile
- Duplicating an existing profile
- Running a profile
- Previewing a profile
- Using the preview profile dialog
- Cancelling a profile run
- Cancelling all profile runs