Although Gif Animator does include some basic editing facilities, it is not a replacement for a full graphics program. For this reason, Gif Animator makes it easy to edit a frame's image in another application.
This is done by exporting the frame to a temporary file and opening it in either the default editor for your system, or the editor of your choice. When you've finished making changes, Gif Animator will detect the image has been modified and prompt to save changes.
Editing an image using an external program
- Select the frame to edit from the animation reel
- From the Image menu, choose Edit Image , or press Control+Shift+E
- The selected frame will be saved into a temporary file in the PNG format, then opened in the defined editor
- Each time you switch back to Gif Animator , a check will be made to see if the temporary file has been modified. If it has the File Has Changed dialog will be displayed
- When the File Has Changed dialog is opened, a preview of the original image and the modified image will be displayed
- To accept the modified image, click the Update button
- To reject the changes, or to keep the file available, click Cancel
- Optionally, when clicking either Update or Cancel, to notify Gif Animator you have finished editing, check the Finish editing and delete the temporary file checkbox.
If you cancel the dialog without checking the Finished Editing option, you will be prompted again the next time you activate Gif Animator
Any temporary files generated by Gif Animator are automatically deleted when exiting the application.