Unfortunately, even the best software can unexpectedly crash, and Cyotek products are no exception. When a crash occurs, you will be offered the chance to report this to Cyotek for investigation and potentially corrected in a future update to the product.
Opting to report a fatal crash
When a fatal crash occurs, the Cyotek Crash Reporter dialogue will be automatically displayed. To submit the report to Cyotek
- Ensure the Tell Cyotek Ltd about this crash so they can fix it is checked
- (Optional) Enter any comments in the Comments field. This is very helpful for trying to reproduce errors, so if you can, be verbose
- (Optional) Check the Allow Cyotek Ltd to contact me about this report and enter your email into the Email address field if you'd like us to contact you for more information. This is entirely optional, we'd rather have detailed comments on how to reproduce an issue than gather email addresses!
- Click either Quit or Restart to submit the error report and then perform the chosen action
Clicking the Details button will display a dialog that contains the entire report that will be submitted to Cyotek.
Opting to report a non-fatal crash
When a non-fatal crash occurs, the error window will have a Report this error option in it. Check this, and a submission dialog will be displayed when the error window is closed.
To submit the error report automatically
- Ensure the Online radio button is selected
- (Optional) Enter your name and email into the Your name and Your e-mail address fields. This is entirely optional, we'd rather have detailed comments on how to reproduce an issue than gather email addresses!
- (Optional) Enter any comments in the comments field. This is very helpful for trying to reproduce errors, so if you can, be verbose
- Click Send to submit the report and close the window
To submit the error report manual
- Ensure the E-mail radio button is selected
- Click Send to copy the error report data to the Windows Clipboard and then open a new email using your default email application
- Paste the contents of the Clipboard into the email, along with any other information that might help reproduce the problem and then send it to [email protected]
Do not forget to paste the error report into the email!