If you have an image from which you want to generate a palette, you can import the image into Palette Editor and then create a palette from this.
Creating a palette from the contents of an image
- From the File menu, choose New then From Image , or press Control+Shift+I
- From the Palette From Image dialog, enter or select the image to load
- Optionally, uncheck the Reduce to 8bit color depth option to create a palette using all colors in the image
- Optionally, specify a pixelate value to average out colors
- Optionally, use the drag handles to resize the area of the image that will be used to generate the palette. You can also move the region.
- Click OK to create the new palette
If the current palette has changed, you will be prompted to save it, discard changes, or cancel the creation of the new palette.