Sometimes when you open a palette, Color Palette Editor may be unable to detect the exact format, for example 18-bit VGA, 24-bit VGA and Adobe Color Table formats are identical, but can appear quite different if read incorrectly. Color Palette Editor will prompt on how to open the file if it finds multiple matches.
- The dialogue will list all matching palette formats, simply choose the format you wish to use to open the file
- Click the Cancel button to cancel the file open. Any existing palette will remain open.
- Click OK to open the file using the selected format
Displaying a preview
Click the Preview button to expand the dialogue to include a preview pane. When selecting a format from the list, the preview pane will be automatically populated with the result of opening the palette used the selected format.
Working with palettes
- Creating a new palette
- Creating a new palette from an image
- Opening an existing palette
- Saving the current palette
- Saving the current palette with a new name
- Saving a copy of the current palette
- Importing the contents of an existing palette
- Batch conversion of palette files
- Resizing palettes
- Reordering palettes
- Printing a palette
- Comparing two palettes
- Viewing palette formats