Several configurable options in the Sitemap Creator support regular expressions. A basic editor for entering and testing regular expressions is available.
To display the regular expression editor
- Click the Edit Regular Expression button displayed next to any field supporting expressions
Using the regular expression editor
- Enter the regular expression pattern into the Expression field
- Enter test data into the Test field
- The contents of the Test field will be color coded to indicate any matches with the pattern you have specified. The Results list will also display all matches found, selecting a match will highlight the matching text in the Test field.
- The Language Elements tab displays a list of common regular expression elements and examples. Double click a language element to insert it into your expression.
Updating the source expression
- Click the Insert button to update the source field with the new expression and close the editor.