Cyotek Sitemap Creator can automatically notify popular search engines of changes to your sitemaps.
Configuring the available search engines
- From the Tools menu, select Options .
- Click the Search Engines tab
- Enter the URL for each search engine you wish to notify of changes to your sitemap, one URL per line. You can use the substitution placeholder which will be replaced with the URL of the appropriate site map.
To configure automatic search engine notifications:
- From the Project menu, select Search Engine Notifications .
- Select the sitemap provider that you wish to apply notifications for
- To automatically notify search engines whenever the selected sitemap whenever it is generated, click the Automatically ping search engines when the sitemap is updated option.
- Enter the remote URL of your sitemap into the Sitemap URL field
Manually notifying search engines of changes
Occasionally it may not be appropriate to notify changes immediately when the sitemap is updated. However, as long as you have configured the remote URL of a sitemap as described above, you can manually issue notification of changes.
- From the Tools menu, select Notify Search Engines .