Several configurable options support regular expressions. A basic editor for entering and testing regular expressions is available.
To display the regular expression editor
- Click the Edit Regular Expression button displayed next to any field supporting expressions
Using the regular expression editor
- Enter the regular expression pattern into the Pattern field
- Enter test data into the Input field
- The contents of the Input field will be color coded to indicate any matches with the pattern you have specified. The Results list will also display all matches found, selecting a match will highlight the matching text in the Input field
- The Language Elements tab displays a list of common regular expression elements and examples. Double click a language element to insert it into your expression
Updating the source expression
- Click the Insert button to update the source field with the new expression and close the editor.
Automatically importing sample URL data
- Click the Load Link Map URLs button automatically load all URLs in the current link map into the test data field