Some sites may contain mix of prefixed and non-prefixed URI's. For example, domain
http://www.example.com may have links to both
http://example.com. If configured correctly, the non-WWW links should redirect to the WWW links (or vice-versa), but if not, or if you want to copy a site without the interim redirects, WebCopy can help.
To automatically fix mixed prefixes
- From the Project Properties dialog, click the URI Normalization category
- Check the Ensure internal links match domain prefix option
- Click OK to save your changes and close the options dialog
When this option is set, WebCopy will automatically transform any links that match the source host, but either have a WWW prefix and the source does not, or do not have a WWW prefix while the source does.
Note that this option only applies to URI's matching the host domain; it will not apply to any external domains included in the copy.
- Customizing Projects
- Specifying the web site
- Specifying the save folder
- Remapping extensions
- Specifying how a website is crawled
- Specifying default documents
- Crawling additional root URL's
- Updating local time stamps
- Scanning custom attributes
- Extracting inline data