In this first tutorial, we'll cover creating a new project and copying a website.
The website in this tutorial is a sample site hosted by Cyotek and is around 6MB in size.
Creating the new project
- Select New from the File menu, or press Control+N
- An empty project will be created with everything set to default values
Setting the web site URL
- Set the Website field to be https://demo.cyotek.com/
Setting the download folder
- The Save folder will default to c:\Downloaded Web Sites. Also by default, the domain of the web site to copy (demo.cyotek.com in this case) will be automatically appended to the folder path when copying the site for a final value of
c:\Downloaded Web Sites\demo.cyotek.com. In most cases, you can just leave the Save folder field at its default value.
Copying the web site
- Select Copy Website from the Project menu, or press F5
WebCopy will then download the website. As the tutorial website is very small, this should only take a few seconds.
Viewing the copying website
- Click the green arrow icon to the right of the save folder to view using File Explorer.
Saving the new project
- Select Save from the File menu, or press Control+S
- Enter a filename your project and click Save