A WebCopy project file stores all the settings used to crawl a given website, allowing users to set up repeatable jobs. After one or more scans of a website have been made, it also stores metadata about the structure of the website.
A crawler project does not store any downloaded resources, only the information required to crawl a site.
Password and form data is stored in plain text within a WebCopy project file.
Learn more about working with crawler projects from the links below.
- Creating project using a Wizard
- Creating a new blank project
- Opening an existing project
- Saving the current project
- Saving the current project with a new name