In this first tutorial, we'll cover creating a new project and copying a website.
Creating the new project
- From the File menu, open the New sub menu and then choose New Blank Project
- An empty project will be created with everything set to default values
Setting the web site URL
- Set the Website field to be
Setting the download folder
- The Save folder will default to
c:\Downloaded Web Sites. Also by default, the domain of the web site to copy (
demo.cyotek.comin this example) will be automatically appended to the folder path when copying the site for a final value of
c:\Downloaded Web Sites\demo.cyotek.com. In most cases, you can just leave the Save folder field at its default value.
Copying the web site
- Select Copy Website from the Project menu, or press F5
WebCopy will then download the website. As the tutorial website is very small, this should only take a few seconds.
Viewing the copying website
- Click the green arrow icon to the right of the save folder to view using File Explorer.
Saving the new project
- Select Save from the File menu, or press Control+S
- Enter a filename your project and click Save
Ready for more? Tutorial 2 covers the information panels that display details of the copied website.